Top 10 Best Baseball Gloves of 2021
Baseball gloves have been used around nearly as long as the game of baseball itself. Today, there are too many brands and several different models of baseball gloves that you can choose from. You can buy it at a local department store for a cheap price or spend several hundred dollars for custom fitted model.
The best glove depends on the position you play and other factors as well:
- Pocket size: Outfield’s glove is bigger than middle infielder so they can catch fly balls with more ease. Whereas, shortstops and second baseman have a shallower pocket to get the ball out of the glove quicker, especially on double plays.
- There are different types of webbings including I-web, Basket web, Closed web, Single Web, Post web, Dual Post web, Modified Trapeze web, and Trapeze web.
- Padding to protect player’s hands from throws. Some players choose to have extra wrist padding.
- Wrist adjustments allow players to make the glove fit snug to their hand.
- Different types of materials including leather, synthetic materials, mesh, and treated leather.
Below is our list of top 10 best baseball gloves.
10. Franklin Sports MLB CFX Pro Signature Series Batting Gloves
Play without any worries with Franklin Sports MLB CFX Pro Signature Series Batting Gloves. It is made of soft, one-piece Pittards® Digital sheepskin palm for exceptional grip in all weather conditions. The combination of floating thumb technology and pliable, non-bulky Tectonic fit inserts enhance this gloves flexibility. In addition, the neoprene bridge provides flexibility across the back. To make it comfortable, the Quad-flex crease design reduces material bunching. For a perfect fit, it has an adjustable wrist closure.
9. Under Armour Boys’ UA Clean Up Batting Gloves
Are you looking for comfortable batting gloves? The Under Armour Boys’ UA Clean Up Batting Gloves is the right choice for you. It is designed with:
- HeatGear® on the back of the hand makes it dry fast, adds 4-way stretch, and absorbs sweat.
- Embossed synthetic overlays add support, structure, and grip without losing flexibility
- Goatskin leather palm delivers soft comfort without sacrificing grip and durability
- Palm side finger perforations deliver extra ventilation
- Contoured wrist closure ensures a comfortable fit
- Internal locker tag
8. EvoShield Prostyle Batting Gloves
The most comfortable batting gloves on the market are the EvoShield Prostyle Batting Gloves. It has the ultimate grip, feel, and flexibility compared to other products. Its main feature is the EvoShield Gel-2-Shell that hardens and forms to shape your hand for better protection and fit. It protects your lead hand from any errant pitches. For great feel while playing, the palm is made with premium grade Pittard’s leather. Whereas the back of the hand is made of Power Stretch fabric for enhanced mobility.
7. Franklin Sports Disney Pixar Cars Air Tech Glove and Ball
Start teaching your kids to play baseball with the help of Franklin Sports Disney Pixar Cars Air Tech Glove and Ball. Kids ages 3 and above can use this product. The Air Tech Glove measures 9 inches with soft foam and an adjustable self-stick wrist closure. Whereas the ball is also made of soft foam with durable hand-sewn cover. Both the gloves and the ball have a Disney Pixar Cars graphics. Your kids will surely have hours of fun with their favorite Disney character.
6. Mizuno Youth Vintage Pro G4 Batting Gloves
If you want to copy the style of your favorite baseball player, then you should try Mizuno Youth Vintage Pro G4 Batting Gloves. Many major MLB leaguers such as Chipper Jones and Brian McCann use these batting gloves. Its key features are:
- Mizuno Sensor Point Palm: top quality embossed digi-suede in strategic locations for improved grip and durability.
- Mizuno Motion Arc Line mimics the movement of your skin to provide outstanding fit and feel.
- Grip tabs help ease gloves on and off your hands.
- Mizuno Flex Mesh for improved breathability.
5. Wilson A360 Baseball Glove
A glove that performs inning after inning is the Wilson A360 Baseball Glove. Wilson works with the top MLB player to create gloves that break all the limits. This baseball glove is 12 inches with Aso webbing. It can be used for all positions and is available in right and left-hand throw.
4. Easton ZFX 901 Z-Flex Series Ball Glove
For beginners, the Easton ZFX 901 Z-Flex Series Ball Glove is a perfect choice. Its main feature is the Z-Flex Technology that uses elastic strips on each side of the palm to aid in easy closure. This innovative feature is combined with ultra-soft leather that gives kids the softest, most flexible glove. Another feature that makes it easy to close is the 2-1-1 design. It extends the finger stall length and combines the ring and little finger into one stall to give young players more leverage when closing their glove. This glove also has Easton’s Grab All Web design that is 40% bigger than traditional webs on youth gloves. Lastly, it has a lock down adjustable Velcro wrist strap that ensures a snug, custom fit for any player.
3. Franklin Sports RTP Teeball Performance Gloves & Ball Combo
The lightest and most comfortable glove for any beginner trying to get into the game is the Franklin Sports RTP Teeball Performance Gloves & Ball Combo. It doesn’t require break-in and can go straight from the shelf to the playing field due to RTP II construction. Kids will surely enjoy playing and pay more attention to learning how to play baseball using this glove. The left-handed throw glove is worn on the right hand and vice versa.
2. DeMarini Digi Camo Batting Glove
Be fashionable while playing baseball with DeMarini Digi Camo Batting Glove. This glove has a camo design but people will still notice it. It has a smooth palm made of smooth leather for supreme comfort. Moreover, it has a classic feel with relief along the knuckle bends. You won’t experience irritation because it is lined inside for rub free zone. For an unobstructed swinging motion, it has a wide low profile wrist strap.
1. Rawlings Players Series Youth Glove
The Rawlings Players Series Youth Glove is perfect for athletes who want to learn baseball. It is a 9-inch T-Ball pattern style glove. Its features are:
- All leather palm construction for durability and shape retention.
- Basket-Web style creates a deep, flexible pocket for easier catching of the ball.
- High-density cushioned palm and finger back linings for added comfort.
- Select models have Velcro straps for a custom fit.
- Palm pads and index finger pads for added impact protection.